"We are not the national leadership network"
Local Networks will be encouraged which bring together the same mix of leaders from health and social care. One example has already been developed in London. The purpose of this flexible and inclusive Network is to:
- Get senior and influential people from across South East London together to review health policy and direction in South East London and contribute to development and change.
- Be a sounding board, which members would collectively use to review progress and priorities (against strategic plans), raise new issues and develop new ideas.
- Role model the leadership values and behaviours of the sector
- Provide senior leadership to Boards and executive teams in the process of change
- Set direction and articulate the local vision for the implementation of health reform
- Set direction for the development and delivery of services as outlined in the SHA's strategy and business plan
- Provide feedback on local perspectives to the National Leadership Network for Health and Social Care in so doing, influencing national policy and direction